GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Hasnt happened that much since I was here last time. Everyone who criticizes this game gets attacked by a mob.
"Criticism is the activity of judgement or informed interpretation." - wikipedia

Someone saying something is ****e isn't criticism, usually its just trolling or bashing - like an fanboy only backwards.

The early 20th century American social critic and humorist H. L. Mencken, known for his "definitions" of terms, defined a demagogue as "one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."

"..attacked by a mob" - demagogy

I see no mob, pretty much only me responding to trolls.
People bought this game and they did not like it, so they should have a right to complain. Nobody needs to be lectured about how you think is a proper way to do it.

Imo, if this was a thread without developer participation, people would not feel so much obliged to weigh their words, and their would not be such an outrage if someone said they belong to the group who did not like the game. In fact there seems to be quite a few in this group, btw, so I encourage them not to feel ashamed and have their say.

This has turned into a thread where people discuss the game ERT, so I think both sides should have their say.

As to your next enigma game, if you stick with the graphics/athmosphere from Enigma (where you showed some considerable talent), the alternate history, and think of ways to have a realistic gameplay (like config files for the AI parameters or implementing sub stealth right out), I would have a look at it. The alternate history setting was certainly refreshing, the gameplay was not.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote