View Single Post
Old 08-21-14, 01:53 AM   #22
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
That looks interesting, I do know that the glider was built and even displayed for a period of time after the Americans liberated Colditz and then afterwards when Colditz ended up as part of East Germany the glider vanished, some say the Russians burned it, other say it's still hidden there but who knows. In the game Prisoner of War they got the location of where the glider was constructed but it was launched in the wrong direction.

@Eichhornchen you probably can get Hogan's Heroes on DVD in the UK although I'm really not sure you could get it the Region 2 format, you could change the regions with Windows Media Player but it's limited to 5 times.

You're right about the glider, but there is a one-third scale replica hanging in a museum at East Kirkby airfield, Lincolnshire. I think the camouflage was a blue Gingham-Check.

I've seen the DVDs on sale and, as you say, I'd have to use that special thingy to switch regions (is that still included in Windows 8?) No matter, since there would probably be too many discs to convert.
Eichhörnchen is online   Reply With Quote