Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Tonight, I brought Wolfpack back to life (no sound, though ). Anyone here ever play Novalogic's Wolfpack?

I'm picking up a Soundblaster 16 card off ebay, will try to see if that will rememdy the sound woes.
I've got Wolfpack Neal, but I used that on my old IBM XT clone (20mb HD!). I don't think I've ever gotten to work on my current system. (P2 Celeron, 300 mhz, Win98, 4gb HD.) I think I'll try it tonight and see what happens. I got SSN21 to run fine in Win98 without a boot disk, I'm curious as to how the DOS side of your Win95 machine might be configured.
I'll have to look at the stock autoexec and config files but I think it says NO EMS or something.

Update: I loaded Grey Wolf: Hunter of the North Atlantic and played a couple missions, then Silent Hunter I. The intro movie does not work but the game plays great!

Then I got fancy and installed Fast Attack. The intro movie for this one plays, but then the screen goes black.... and no game So, the lucky run comes to an end, I'll have to roll up my sleeves and see what I need to do to get FA working.

Let's review, so far the SUBSIM Legacy machine has:

Command Aces of the Deep
Seawolf SSN-21
Wolfpack
Silent Service II
Greywolf
Silent Hunter

I have to get Fast Attack working then I'll tackle Great Naval Battles, Clancy's SSN, Das Boot, Silent Steel, and Fighting Steel. My goal is to have the most pre-2000 naval and subsims running on one machine in the world.

Neal