View Single Post
Old 05-06-21, 07:13 AM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Handbrake in AC, separate axis, or button-press( digital, on or off, not recommended). I do not mess with it.

G27 is out of production, you need to be lucky to find one left in stock, or a well-maintained second hand. G29 took over years ago already.

Assetto corsa ( I assume you mean Classic, not Competizione), is still a good choice due to its in principle good quality, and its many, many, many, many mods and high quality mod tracks. If you go into it, tell me, I direct you you at the must-have mods and tracks. Primary source is Race Department.

Also, while AC already wanted a beefy platform, Competizione is even more demanding. All AC and DLCs can be had at smile prices at Steam during sales.

I also recommend Raceroom. Forgiving hardware demands for AC's standards, and a once-in-a-lifetime offer: for 100 bucks you can get ALL content avialable at that point of time: all tracks, allc ars, all skins. The sim has the best AI in business (imo), and since the arrival of Alex Hodgkinson also superb physics, plus very well doen FFB and the best sound sbesiode Competizione.

Check the trakc list and then consider this option: no other sim has such an excellent track list, and they all are of very high quality. 52 tracks/locations, 131 track layout variations. But: no night racing, no weather/rain. Time can be set from morning to sunset (and accelerated). Raceroom can be tried free.

Track physics-wise, Competizione rules the pack, has dynamic racing lines in the drying and wetting conditions, models track surface temperatures going up and down, and so forth.

Public server racing: know what you are going into.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-06-21 at 07:30 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote