Old 01-07-10, 10:24 PM   #3
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I'm rambling a bit here, but I will end with a question and that is, what do people recommend for reading purposes for scenarios relating to the Soviet invasion of West Germany and the war that would result from it, I speak of novels such as 'Red Storm Rising' and 'The Third World War' by General Hackett, but ones which people here with more grounding in modern armoured warfare than I have found to be more to their understanding of the possibility of the outcome of events in that time.
Team Yankee By Harold Coyle is the best book you could possibly find, the events in the book are based on Hackett's Third World War (Coyle himself says so in the foreword of my copy.)

The Ten Thousand By Coyle follows a different idea of WWIII but is also an entertaining read, because it follows all levels of politics, from the President, to the General, to the man that executes his orders. Those are two in my collection, both great books.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote