View Single Post
Old 11-15-13, 11:37 AM   #49
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I just looked up WRC4, and found three German reviews, all of them rating it mediocre only - while not directly comparing it to AC. I am pretty confident that AC sinks WRC4 both in the visual and driving department. The videos I saw on WRC also do not convince me. And I could swear the tracks are somewhat repetitive, in parts.

Last rally sim I used was Richard Burns. Now AC makes me think of RBR as tiny toy cars made by Matchbox, being thrown around on the carpet. And I once belonged to those hailing RBR's physics!

What I mean is this: you want AC first!

Ok, well here's the thing. In terms of driving, driving on a track vs driving on dirt, gravel is very different. There's things that you can do in a rally car that you couldn't do in a racing car and vice versa. Also I think that rallying is much more challenging the regular racing. With rallying you have to deal with the elements far more then in regular racing. As for looks, I really don't care that much about how a game looks.
Now as for comparing games, I own Race 07 and I am very confident that AC would trounce Race 07 in every way, in particular car handling (only yesterday I tried to drive the classic Mini Cooper S with the traction control off, bad idea!!). As for rally games I've played Sega Rally Revo and in this case WRC 4 would trounce SRR in every aspect, in particular number of tracks and cars. Trying to compare a regular racing game to that of a rally game is like trying to compare the cars of each game. Most rally cars you could take out of the mud and muck and with a few changes could use them on a track as most are toughened up street cars. Now if you tried to take most of the cars used in regular racing off the track and into the mud and muck it wouldn't totally work because most race cars are built for the track and nothing else with the exception of some cars that can make the crossover quite well like the Fiat 500 and the BMW Mini.