Thread: Water Flicker
View Single Post
Old 09-24-22, 08:17 AM   #5
!!HansGruber!!
Watch

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the suggestions, propbeanie. I found older thread where somebody reported similar issues and posted a video where there was a comment about blinking control panel lights in the conning tower being a sign of graphical settings not being correct. I have this as well and always thought that was a part of the charm of a 1940's submarine mixing water with electronics.

I have game and monitor both at the monitors native resolution of 1920x1080. I know the refresh rate of the monitor is 60Hz but in game there are multiple 1920x1080 options (60 Hz, 59 Hz, & 50 Hz).

Relevant CFG file settings:

Quote:
[VIDEO]
Resolution=1920,1080,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=Yes
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

[Current]
DepthBufferEffects=0
Filters=0
Glare=1
UnderwaterDispMap=1
LightShafts=1
3DShipWakes=1
DetailedWaveRipples=1
UnitNormalMaps=1
ShipCausticsEffects=1
Ship3DDamage=2
CharacterDetail=1
ParticlesDetail=10
TerrainObjectsDensity=10
TerrainObjectsLODSize=5
GammaCorrection=50
VolumetricFog=1
The suggested compatibility mode changes do not appear to have fixed the water or lights. The twinkling lights are more consistent so perhaps if I fix on correcting that I will see improvement with the water as well.

Should I be forcing Adaptive (half refresh rate) through Nvidia control panel to address the day/night cycle issue? This locks the frame rate at 30 fps.

I would be interested to know the in game graphics settings, Nvidia control panel settings, & SH4.exe properties of others who do not have twinkling control panel lights.
!!HansGruber!! is offline   Reply With Quote