View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 01:10 AM   #10485
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
There's something I really don't understand.

Your new PM have said Great Britain will leave EU on oct 31 deal or no deal.

And here is what I don't understand.

Your Parliament have some weeks or month ago voted for some rule saying Great Britain can't leave EU without a deal.

So how can he say "we will leave EU even without a deal" when the Parliament have said no ?

Markus
The law of the land says, that the exit day is 31st of October - as agreed with the EU. As far as I know, that has not changed. The Parliament can say "no" to no-deal Brexit, but unless they ratify the Withdrawal Agreement, its all sound bites without any concrete meaning.

Only thing PM Johnson has to do to get no-deal Brexit, is to do nothing. The no-deal Brexit is the standard option unless something else is agreed on. In theory he could negotiate new agreement with the EU, but first he would have to persuade them back to the negotiation table.

At the moment the Parliament says "no" to all alternatives and - atleast to me - it appears they are either unable or unwilling to define what kind of agreement they could accept. How could PM Johnson and the EU renegotiate the agreement, if they do not konw what kind of agreement is acceptable?

In my opinion, unless there is major political change in the UK, there is no point in wasting time with new round of negotiations. I also believe that extension to the Brexit date should be granted only, if its purpose is to give time to implement no-deal option.