Old 05-14-19, 06:17 PM   #15
repalankas
Watch

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik1977 View Post
Dear All,

I have been away from the SH3 scene for far too long (nearly a year). But this game is so amazing that you can't simply put it away for good. I just keep coming back to it and with the amazing new mods every few months, I think this game has limitless replay value.

Now to the problem. I recently bought a large screen Full HD (1080p or 1920x1080) LCD screen and attached my main PC with a new ATI Radeon HD3870 with it. Obviously I wanted to play SH3 on my 46' screen at 1920x1080. I have known about and have used the old Resolution fix for SH3 since the early days for all my LCDs, i.e., 1280x1024 and 1440x900 resolutions. Sh3 works great at higher resolutions, and scales just fine on widescreen resolutions. Even on 1920x1080, SH3 scales beautifully, looks amazing and there are no graphical problems (even when using 4xAA & 16xAF).

The issue came from the Mouse Cursor on the Periscope screen. Whenever I use the mouse to look around in periscope mode (or UZO) and then wish to leave the mouse-look mode by pressing mouse left-click button, the cursor re-appears over the Torpedo Fire Red Button and presses the button (mostly firing a torpedo unless the tube is empty).

I did a lot of testing. It appears that on all other resolutions except the default 1024x768, the Cursor does this odd reappearance to the left of the periscope screen. The higher and wider the resolution the further left the cursor re-appears after using Mouse-look (1680x1050 is the last playable with mouse cursor reappearing next to the Lock button). Unfortunately, at 1080p, it re-appears on the Red Button.

I am sure there is a .cfg file which can be changed to make the cursor re-appear somewhere else then the position it does now. Please someone help me locate the file and the values which need to be tweaked.

You can imagine how difficult it is to play the game if I cant use the UZO or the Periscope without always firing torpedoes. BTW, I am using GWX 1.

Thanks to all for reading.

Happy new year.
Here you are the solution:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...66#post2609366

Good hunting!
repalankas is offline   Reply With Quote