View Single Post
Old 06-02-20, 10:15 PM   #131
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Looks like there's gonna be yet another "Help Wanted - Secretary Of Defense" sign up in the Oval Office:

Esper on Trump church photo-op: I thought we were going to 'talk to the troops' --

In an exclusive interview, Esper also said he had "no idea" about the plan to use force to disperse protesters ahead of Trump's staged visit to St. John's Episcopal Church.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...r-gen-n1222391

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I dont know gents. Some are still reeling from 2008, now COVID, the shutting down of our economy and confinement causing immense stress, job loss, homelessness etc etc. Coupled with what that police officer did. I would say it certainly has shaken the very foundation. Will we recover? I think so, not going to be easy but I think we will and I think change how our police are trained and accepted into academies will come about because of it. At least I hope so.

On a side note, the intel I been reading Euroes may want to buckle up for a bumpy ride too. Me thinks there is a very good chance civil unrest may be arising AGAIN in your own back yard.

I'm also sure we'll get through this all; we survived the unrest of the 60s-70s, the political failure at the highest level of government (including criminality in the Oval Office), a few severe economic downturns, any number of "Oh No!! We're all gonna die!!" perceived doomsdays, any various all and sundry form of mini catastrophes, and we're still here, older and, hopefully, at least a little bit wiser. In the near 70 years of my life, there have been an awful lot of experiences and I've always thought we'd pull through, perhaps not as 'business as usual', but more like 'well, that was a learning opportunity'...

This, too, shall pass; what's really important is what we take away from the experience...

...as for the black hole that is Trump and his minions, it/they too shall pass, much like a kidney stone or major colonic blockage...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 06-02-20 at 11:14 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote