View Single Post
Old 08-26-16, 12:51 PM   #1
prien1990
Watch

Downloads: 218
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter 2 medals

Hy guys, I found that the sim doesn't award medals for a job well done. It seems that only three out four are given in certain missions ( they seems scripted ) but after that nothing. It is the same problem of destroyer command the sim companion of SH2. I tried everything from googling to personally edit the score in campaign scenarios, edit Atlantic.cam file, completing all secondary objectives without results. Is there a fix to this or mods to solve the problem? it's a minor issue but is annoying not to be rewarded for a good job expecially when the game says that I'm the top ace of u-boat force. I play with patch 1.1 and Fletcher mod installed that allow savegame during campaign. I read that saving and reloading doesn't allow medals to be awarded correctly but it isn't true because all the medals I received were awarded after I loaded a save. The load and save trick just seems to prompt a bug witch prevent radio messages from BdU to shows after loading and a bug witch makes torpedo fully functional even with dud torpedos on.
I play SH2 just because was the only chapter I was missing and I like SH series much; I have all the others.
Any help reguarding medals would be appreciated.
Thanks
prien1990 is offline   Reply With Quote