Thread: [WIP] CWA
View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 02:37 PM   #27
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

radar Depth Redone

Decided to add realistic depth i did do this before for a older cw mod version but have now decided to re add it to CWA

This scales to actual real life depths as close as I’m happy to do in FEET & METERS so you will always be able to find the sea floor were ever you are
you can also set the dive depth to the max visible depth too also submarine crush depth permitting of course.

The Different Zones within the Pelagic Zone
The open ocean lies over the continental shelf. The seafloor is not included in the open ocean.

Epipelagic zone (ocean surface to 200 meters deep). This is the zone in which photosynthesis can occur, because light is available.
Mesopelagic zone (200-1,000m) - This is also known as the twilight zone, because light becomes limited. There is less oxygen available to organisms in this zone.

Bathypelagic zone (1,000-4,000m) - This is a dark zone where water pressure is high and the water is cold (around 35-39 degrees).
Abyssopelagic zone (4,000-6,000m) - This is the zone past the continental slope - the deep water just over the ocean bottom. This is also known as the abyssal zone.

Hadopelagic zone (deep ocean trenches, greater than 6,000m) - In some places, there are trenches that are deeper than the surrounding ocean floor. These areas are the hadopelagic zone. At a depth of over 36,000 feet, the Mariana Trench is the deepest known point in the ocean.

Also noticed that the Ocean Surface & Floor share the same Graphic in Cold Waters a line well as you can now all ways find the floor I've changed that so all 3 are different

Hears a nice link too for reading also on Deep Diving

https://www.forgottenhistory.me/amaz...ge-to-the-deep

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 12-13-22 at 04:26 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote