View Single Post
Old 11-20-19, 03:00 PM   #106
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For #1 - That typo then is in a BIK movie, and probably from Stock. I'll see about the possibility of editing that, but don't hold your breath... #2 - You should have SJ radar by November, I would think... if you are in the Control Room when starting a patrol and press the <J> ("J") key, then press the combination of <Ctrl><T> and see if it turns on? Click the screen and move the view to where you can see the "Range" switch and the "Focused" and "Continuous" switch, and see what they do? We'll look into the Tambor, which is the Gar boat. #3 - There can only be one choice for which screen that goes to. We'll see about maybe an add-in for later... #4 - You were lucky you weren't rammed, eh? I've been run over a time or two (or more) over the years, when getting bit by that "target fixation" disease...

Edit: Just happened to think - what conning tower is on your submarine there torpedobait? Thanks!
Ok, at the completion of my seventh patrol, third in the GAR, I was promoted and offered a new boat, the Gato. I was then offered and able to add the SJ-1 Improved and the SD Improved radars. I also grabbed the twin 20mm but have little intention of using it. Not good odds.

As for the conning tower on the GAR, I have no idea which it is/was. It was whatever comes with a stock model GAR in 1942.

Trying to turn on and operate the surface radar did nothing, whether using the CTL T combo or the physical controls at the radar station. Blank screens and the On/Off was inoperative. It just wasn't there and never available to add. However, the new GATO assumed I had it because else might it have offered the Improved version.

I was actually perpendicular to that light cruiser. At 400 yards the visibility was very poor, just on the fringe of being able to lock the target long enough to unlock and get a shot off where I wanted it to go. By the time I did that they were firing away! Nasty boys. I WILL be more careful about picking my fights, especially in poor visibility.

It's all good for me now on the Gata. Off I go!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote