View Single Post
Old 01-20-20, 05:58 PM   #13
Hazelwood
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Good Stuff

I had wondered how so often extra aircraft would show up when whomever scripted the mission couldn't possibly know what route I was taking. I did experiment the other day and can confirm if you put a highly experienced crew member on the AA he won't disappoint but, in future, I'll take the advice and avoid engaging altogether.

Right re getting back to Windows and doing a SAVE first. I learned this long ago.

Considering how popular and well regarded this simulation remains, it puzzles my why Ubisoft has abandoned it. You can't purchase it even on their site. Amazon claims to have it but they can't deliver. I spent a lot of time finding the "Gold" and even that source has disappeared. All the big pieces are there. A bit of refreshing and proper compatibility with Windows 10 would be welcome. The AI is generally excellent and graphics live up to today's expectations with only some landward views a bit lame. The sense of place and time is amazing. I've been playing this off and on ever since it was released and am always discovering something new.

Best wishes,
Cpt. Hazelwood
Hazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote