Old 11-19-23, 01:42 AM   #44
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

14 March 1942
Nanyang stack routed clear of the road to Sian

SOPAC
My destroyer-minesweepers at Noumea detected a minefield in the harbor and got right to work. Sub-laid, obviously.

A floatplane flying from a cruiser with the KB claimed a hit on a submarine.

Java
The Dutch air force lost a Falcon light bomber to my Oscars over Bandoeng. We've captured Tjepoe.

China
We lost yet another Oscar to that small I-15 presence over the Nanyang stack. Time to fix this.

But the big news of the turn was that we finally re-defeated the massive army that we'd pushed out of Nanyang into the mountains, that was blocking my path to Sian, my first major strategic objective in China. We destroyed 1995 enemy devices while losing just 3. Glad that my patience here paid off. We still have to mop up a few stray units before moving up the road, but this is a major breakthrough. There is another stack of 130k or so troops waiting for me in Sian, but they won't have mountain cover the way these guys did.

Lesser good news, we survived another deliberate attack at Kukong. Destroyed devices were nearly even at 5 to 7 favoring him, but disablements were skewed well in my favor 49 to 166. He can only win here if he's super patient, except while he's doing that my airpower is wearing him down. So this is looking much better than after the last attack.