Kitzbuell
Mate

Location: Birthplace of the American Navy and Marine Aviation
Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
Hello U2222,

SH3Commander changes files and settings used by LSH3.
Therefore there is a special MOD "LSH3_V5.1_SH3_Commander_3.2" which has to be acivated by a seperate JSGME within the SH3Commander-folder.

Regards
Blueduck

Ahoy Again, BlueDuck:

I have had a few problems of my own making using LSH3_5.1. I have completely deleted and reloaded from scratch about three times to correct a few issues from the original MOD's alterations that I had made. All of this done from my initial testing of what worked and did not work for me with the various MOD options.

I, after initial testing, I decided to include "an old friend" in the installation of SH3 Commander. I made mistakes that caused issues on the two previous attempts. In the last of my installation attempts, I read the manual once again and realized that the document reference to using SH3 Commander seemed to direct you to install a second application of the JSGME into the SH3 Commander folder (According to the JScones instructions when using multiple copies of SH3 Commander, I have a separate installation of SH3 Commander installed directly into my LSH3_v5.1 game folder.). In that, I have installed a second version of JSGME, added the file folder LSH3_V5.1_SH3_Commander_3.2 only into its MOD file folder and activated the LSH3_V5.1_SH3_Commander_3.2.

I leave that activated when using SH3 Commander with my copy of LSH3_v5.1 of SIlent Hunter III (I use MultiSh3's). All of the other LHS3 MODs in the v5.1 downoad are activated/deactivated via the initial JSGME app in my LSH3_v5.1 game folder outside of the SH3 Commander file folder contained within my LSH3_v5.1 game folder of SIlent Hunter III.

Before I become deeply immersed in gameplay and building a career I have to ask, AM I DOING THIS CORRECTLY OR HAVE I GOT THE INSTRUCTIONS WRONG?

I am still working out the best order of installation for the other MOD's I owuld like to activate within the download to allow them to work properly and contiue to search through the forums for answers to my questions to avoid unnecessary postings.

I saw one posting reference the issue of using the "no crew fatigue" MOD contained in the LSH3_v5.1 download and the SH3 Commander option of "no crew fatigue". I am not sure that I saw a definitive answer. Are you supposed to activate both the MOD and the SH3 Commander option or just one of the two and, if so, which one is reccommended?

In that regard, I do have one more question to which I haven't seen any postings. I enjoyed using an older app called SH3 Generator. I am not sure if I wil decide to use in LSH3_v5.1, but could it be used if I choose to do so without any negative effects? ... Just wondering ...

Good Hunting
Kitzbuell
Kitzbuell is offline   Reply With Quote