View Single Post
Old 04-07-19, 01:37 AM   #469
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoz View Post
Recently got a bigger 32" monitor to replace my 7 year old 27" monitor....
...and it was so sharp (non-4k) that all the 1024x mods were no longer playable.

So here I am now permanently in the wide-screen environment.

My personal tastes were always to use some Hitman type of optics as they represented the proper 1.5x and 6x zoom settings on periscopes so very well. I also use that method of effort. Read the mils on the scope. No AOB wheel or anything.

Ahnenerbe wide screen mod is (like Manos efforts) pure artwork and amazing for all that.

However I was never able to get the zoom/perspective settings right.

Example: something that is 25 meters tall, showing 50mils, with the 6x power setting should be about 2000 meters away. I was unsuccessful making this work with the stock Ahnenerbe mod. Again, I don't use an AOB wheel I just read the mils.

So I made a few minor changes to suit my tastes with changes to the camera dat file and replacing the 900x900 pixel mask used for the periscope reticules.

I went to Manos wide screen mod which would not boot up in my NYGM mod (odd as this always works in GWX).
...and borrowed an optional scope mask from the Manos mod as a quick kludge fix as seen below. I also had to resize it to make it fit inside Ahnerebe's 900x900 pixel setup (for both scopes).

This got me back on patrol and am enjoying Ahnenerbe's mod greatly in NYGM.

When I have time I will have to do it the proper way and make up some reticules for a 900x900 pixel mask that are more accurate and appealing than my crude fix.

Other changes I made.
1. No zoom choices in binoculars and UZO.
2. UZO to 10x and FOV different to where you can only see the crosshairs (similar to Hitman GUI)
3. Binoculars to 7.5x

Future changes:
1. Remove the AOB wheels as I don't use them.

Again, these are ONLY my personal tastes to what is in stock form, a stellar mod.

It would be impossible to thank people like Manos, Hitman and Ahnenerbe enough.

Their efforts have given me hours of enjoyment.

Side note on Ahnenerbe's wide screen mod, even at 100 percent realism, if you or a friend just want to do a beer and pretzel game, you can still ask the attack officer for all the fire control solutions. Which makes it nice for anyone that wants to do that.
very interesting work Leoz! ... I have a question .. sended you to pm if you can help me.