View Single Post
Old 10-11-21, 05:38 AM   #13
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

@ RetroGamer
I see you are familiar with all modern tank simulators are one can possibly be.

Your military job background from you have recently retired makes it not perhaps so much automatic or obvious, but rather very interesting as you have a really good feel backed by the experience to draw good comparisons, conclusions, and opinions on how those games and simulations adhere to the reality.

For me as having no such experience but just some familiarity with tank simulations I put the original Steel Beasts1 on the top of the stack. Despite some simplifications in the terrain and graphic, in general, the AI, terrain, graphics, editor, and gameplay (including multiplayer) was of the most intense and engaging and still, some 20 yrs later, are fondly remembered and revered. I know, that the Steel Beasts Pro PE which came in the second iteration of that brand was, and perhaps still is, more superior although SB1 holds in my heart and memory a very special place.

I also submit to you all that SB1 is still as playable and it was and it is the most perfect tool to acquire some basic modern tank experience with the bonus of being able to be as realistic as any without military background may wish to have.

You @RetroGamer are in a very interesting situation as you are a professional able to distinguish the true value of learning about tanks from fiction. I suggest that we continue this conversation and maintain contact over here.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote