View Single Post
Old 07-08-17, 03:42 PM   #12
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1
Default New update to 2004 Campaign. Now sync'ed to 1.05b patch.

I've been asked a couple of times about merging this MOD with others. At this time, I am not willing to do that. The main reason, is that it will make determining if any issues that come up are in this Mod, or one of the merged Mods difficult...

I would prefer to keep this mod separate, until I have finished implementing all the components, and have guaranteed that it is stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf
Thanks to Wiz33 for bringing this to my attention:

That means I've added Tubes 7 & 8 to the Seawolf for the 2004 Campaign and have uploaded the newest update to the 2004 Campaign MOD.

There are multiple reports on the reload display issue. I can verify that on my PC as well. I am not sure if that is something I can fix, or if KILLERFISH will need to correct it. I can fire all 8 tubes and reload all 8 tubes but tubes 7 & 8 do NOT display the selected weapon when you are selecting what to reload. The game does do the reload animation sequence and display the loaded weapon when the reload animation completes.

Since there are no reload parms in the .TXT files, we may need to wait for KILLERFISH to correct this. I will do what I can in the meantime. For now I will leave the tube 7/8 active in the MOD.

I also am using this update to improve the "look" of the Seawolf in the MOD.

Seawolf has a Sail forward and stubbier appearance. She is wider than the LA and shorter as well. Because of this I've changed to using the Narwhal as the base model since it has a Sail Forward design too. I also turned off the TB-16 Towed Array/support tube graphic and the WLR-9 on the model to give her cleaner lines. Let me know what you think.

I've also squashed a few bugs that Jive Turkey has hit in his live streams (I think.) Files should now be completely in sync with 1.05b. I believe the "Flying Dutchman" Ship was caused because my campaign was written during the 1.03 - 1.04 time frame and a couple of files were out of sync.

I have not been able to replicate the Flying Sub. But that appears to have been squashed bt KILLERFISH in the 1.05b patch. The 1.05b patch notes contains the following notation:

Fixed a bug where sub riding too high in the water could "hover"

Weapons.txt being synced to 1.05b for example seems to have resolved a couple of glitches I had noticed. An example is you should no longer see a black screen behind the Kotlin Class in the Unit Reference. Syncing weapons.txt to 1.05b resolved that issue.

NOTE: IF YOU LOAD THIS CAMPAIGN MOD UPDATE AND ARE ALREADY PARTWAY THROUGH A CAMPAIGN, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CAMPAIGN. IF YOU TRY TO LOAD USING A CAMPAIGN FROM THE OLDER VERSION, IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS. SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH YOUR CURRENT PLAY-THRU IF YOU ARE REALLY FAR ALONG.

Here's an image of the new Seawolf:

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 07-08-17 at 03:56 PM.
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote