View Single Post
Old 02-14-21, 12:40 PM   #1
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1
Default General questions about SH5 and Mods

Hi. My experience of playing SH5 is about zero, and the little that is based on the stock SH5. Of course, I have run test missions many times, but the gameplay and the SH5 Campaigns are the most unfamiliar in the series for me. You can guess about the work of some things from the contents of the game files, but this does not always show reality and means that it works in the game and is not an appendix-remainder of the previous part. Answers can save time without having to figure out every moment by experimenting. In general, I wanted to find out the following aspects for possible modding:

1. The staff of guns on ships. I saw in the storage of original game some stock of various animations for combat installations, and this could give hope for prospects, but I never saw the AI shooters behind the guns in SH5, there are sailors and other personnel walking, standing, smoking and so on on the deck, but the guns are empty. Is this always an unfinished game function? No one has ever studied this direction, tried to "revive" the guns? Maybe they tried it, but had to give it up for some reason? Mods?

2. AI-submarines. In SH5, for the first time, it was added as a separate independent AI class (I see the corresponding controller in the game). Who has a lot of SH5 gaming experience can briefly share: How do they behave? Do they only walk on the surface? They can attack, shoot back, use the installed weapons? To escape? Active maneuvers in contact? Maybe there is some fundamental factor, a feature?

3. Has the intelligence AI of the submarine chasers been improved (in the huge-mods and by how much? Since I tried many times in a single-player test mission different Destroyers with different settings (including Late War period, Veteran, Elite level, etc.) - they all turned out to be very stupid, clumsy and low bombing accuracy, it was not difficult to get away from them, they never sank my submarine with depth charges in the test mission. The only thing that was noted - the British destroyers hunted a little better than the others. The same Destroyers in SH3-4 created many times more problems than do the destroyers in the original-stock SH5.

4. Magnetic torpedo fuses. I remember reading a topic here a long time ago that they do not work in SH5. Is that how it stayed? Has this been fixed in mods? Did any manage to make it work?

5. AI-torpedoes. On the aircraft and may be on ships? How about this in SH5? There are in the Mod? Progress compared to previous versions of SH? Do they work? Or do they work poorly?
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote