View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 12:32 PM   #94
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default Variants

im guessing it depends on what date that los Angeles represents

to get round this i do Variant types for each class i make so for example my los Angeles Class Line would be :

los Angeles_flt1_76 / type ssn (Original Version)

los Angeles_flt1_78 / type ssn (harpoon Version)

los Angeles_flt1_83 / type ssn (Tomahawk Version)

los Angeles_flt1_88 / type ssn (Mk48 ADCAP Version)

los Angeles_flt1_00_imp1 / type ssn (Refit Version)

los Angeles_flt1_00_imp2 / type ssn (End of Life Version)

Actual Decommissioned dates are all over the place as this class of Nuclear Attack submarine is the largest in the world but i believe the last one was scheduled to be Decommissioned in 2020 ish (USS Olympia)

the Numbers Represent Vessel Equipment Change Dates so 1978 is the Harpoon Entry in to service and Default Equip Hence los Angeles_flt1_78

all changes are in the Vessel read me,s too for Information :

[Unit Reference]
ShipClass=Los Angeles
Description=SSN-688 Los Angeles Flt-1 Los Angeles-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (1978 Harpoon Version)
History=In service since 1978, this class was the first to be designed from the outset with a towed array, and the first to return to the 30+ knot speed of the Skipjacks. Originally designed to screen carrier groups against Soviet submarines, they combine high speed with excellent digital sonar and firecontrol, and the most advanced quieting available. With the addition of Harpoon Anti-Ship missiles, these boats are as capable against enemy shipping as they are against submarines. the decoy launcher is now a larger 25 rounds. Their only drawback is their very expensive cost and large size, that makes them and less maneuverable and deep-diving than the earlier Sturgeons.

by doing this i can add different radars , towed arrays Torpedo types , Missile types Quietening Methods ect

and you can choose your version more easily
or let random vessel assignment have even more choice to pick from

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 09-15-20 at 12:45 PM.