View Single Post
Old 10-25-16, 12:49 PM   #5
RevReese
Watch

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
It's not only compatible, it completely changes some of the features of TMO so that you're not playing TMO anymore when you add RSRDC to it. As Rockin' Robbins stated elsewhere, RSRDC is like an ALIEN infesting the good work of the TMO MOD. Basically the RSRDC MOD changes MUCH MORE of the TMO MOD than just the campaign files as you would think would be the case.

Examine some of the RSRDC files that will be loaded after the TMO installation... Even without delving into the contents you will see that RSRDC is overlaying a lot of files that are not just campaign file(s) related. If you dig even deeper and do a file compare, you will also see the smokin' gun proof of the intentional RSRDC modification of the non campaign TMO files.

Play TMO by itself OR RSRDC by itself, but don't expect the combination to be TMO on steroids with RSRDC accuracy. What you get instead is the RSRDC MOD riding the coattails of the TMO MOD's gameplay reputation, while at the same time removing those same gameplay features that TMO's reputation is built around.

Do a forum search for more on the subject!
Thank you for your reply.
I did a lot of forum reading and did come to that conclusion in the end based on reading arguments for and against.
I think I will stick with just TMO for now but will consider using just RSRDC by itself for a later campaign.

Thanks again for the replies!
RevReese is offline   Reply With Quote