View Single Post
Old 01-15-08, 11:34 AM   #8
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just unzip that file into the 688i Hunterkiller Folder.

Did you get the patch update from the Sonalysts website ? Their latest 688i patch includes the "Realism Patch" in it.

Look on the bottom of this page.
http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/g...downloads.html

If you got 688i Hunterkiller in the Naval Combat Pack, no update files are nessisary. It incorporates the realism patch and all the latest patches.

If you are installing from an old original CD, and you are running Windows XP or 2000, first you want to get the "Renderware DLLs for Win2000" Unzip the files into the 688i Hunterkiller folder and choose to overwrite all files..

Then download the "Patch 1.07 (English)" unless you want one for one of the other languages there. This will bugfix and give you the "Realism Patch in one pop" You just unzip the file into the 688i folder and choose to overwrite all files.

I just did this last nght as directed by Blacklight, and it works perfect on my XP MCE computer!

You need to make sure that you uninstall 688i completely, that means going in and deleting the scenarios folder becuase that does not get deleted when you do an uninstall of the program. Once you have 688i reloaded. Open up the dll.exe files and extract them to the 688i folder, note it defaults to an unzipped Renderware folder. You have to take the last portion of the folder off and make sure it goes directly into the 688i folder. Then do the same with the V1.07 patch folder and it should worked. I had the same problem as you and did this last night, and it started right up!