View Single Post
Old 01-18-23, 04:33 PM   #5251
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Default Conning tower upgrades

PB,

You and I have had a running discussion on conning tower upgrades for several years now. One of the things that got lost in the conversation a month ago is the fact that while I was driving the Argonaut, we received two conning tower upgrades. The only noticeable difference in my career with the Argo and my previous careers with various boats when no upgrade was received is that I kept my mission score deliberately below 3. And…..I made all boats Class=0 so that there was no possibility of upgrading to a new boat.

To recap that Argo career, it was started mid-42 with tower#2. Then at the proper time(s), the boat received two more upgrades. All missions were completed with a mission score less than three. Not to complicate matters, but we also received higher level medal awards for the crew, which was almost unprecedented. But I digress……

So, I connected the dots of reduced mission score, no boat upgrades and conning tower upgrades.

I started a Gato career, mid-42 with the same install as above, notably, all boats classes set to 0.

We are into mid-44 and no tower upgrades. I should feel sheepish but I do not. Since there are no more scheduled tower upgrades for the Gato, I may end the career and start a new one and see if I cannot provoke another conning tower upgrade.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote