View Single Post
Old 09-28-10, 09:21 PM   #1653
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So I had a really odd and interesting patrol. It was February of 1940. I was ordered to patrol AN26
(Curse BDU for giving me shallow waters.. A'holes -_- as Frau Kaulen likes to say, that is Boo Shady ) So I get there and get notice of a convoy heading SSE from inbetween Scapa Flow and the island NE of it (not sure of the name) I make for a intercept and apparently they changed course because I couldnt find them. So I end up picking up a merchant contact. Lo and behold its a Ore Carrier, my lucky day. Four torps later she sunk (I fired a salvo because something didnt feel right, so I figured Id be sure) I started to head back when I pick up another contact, this time it was a ASW trawler steaming straight for me, this was going to get interesting. Considering he had heard me and I was in very shallow waters, I decided to fight him, I fired two torps that WOULD have hit had I not had auto-loading on and my bow torp room decided to load the STEAM eels I had in my extra reserve slots. So with a little luck and him chasing me, as well as zig zagging I fired my Aft eel (electric) with a magnetic switch, and caught him right in the middle as he was coming across my bow (zigging of course) sunk. Phew, time to whipe the sweat from my forehead. I started heading North again back to AN 26 and ended up meeting 2 more medium merchants, the rest of my torps were used and I sunk em. Leaving one torp left. So as I finished my patrol and was on my way home, I encountered a Large Merchant, and lined up and fired, forgetting again I was using steams, which she saw and dodged. Angerly I surfaced and pursued (it being early 1940) and sunk that SOB with my deck gun, 10,000 tons down to the bottom for me All in all, I got 34,000 grt on my patrol with 5 ships sunk, an interesting patrol for myself if I do say so myself. I even recieved an Iron Cross 2nd class as well as a first class one, 2nd class one, many u boat war badges, and a promotion for my sailors. U-19 is going to try for another patrol tonight and see what magic she can work