View Single Post
Old 01-16-21, 09:49 AM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotharbucheim View Post
Guys, thank you so much for all your advice and efforts ... it really is greatly appreciated!.
Tomorrow, I will do a clean install and follow what you guys have told me and shown me on the pics you posted.

Before I do though: one thing is still confusing me...why did I end up with several MODS folders within another MOD folder? Is it because I downloaded JSGME, when there is actually a copy included in the FOTRS mod files?
So, to clarify..in my FOTRS folder there is a folder called MODS...and within that is another folder..also called MODS

I hope that question made sense, as I am not very computer literate...not very literate at all actually
The JSGME.exe file included in FotRSU is in the "Extras" folder. If you run it from there, it will use that folder where it resides as its point of reference (unless you point it elsewhere), and create a MODS folder there. If you instead copy the JSGME.exe file to the "root" folder of the game ("C:\Games \SH4FotRSU" as an example) and run it from there, JSGME.exe will then want to create a "MODS" folder in that, such that you end up with "C:\Games \SH4FotRSU \MODS", into which you put the FotRSU mod. You can create the folder yourself (be sure to use all caps when you name it "MODS") inside that SH4FotRSU folder (in my example), put the mod in that MODS folder, and then copy JSGME into the SH4FotRSU folder, run it from there, and confirm (with the same dialog in JSGME) the use of that MODS folder you made.

We used to have JSGME.exe in the "root" folder of the FotRSU mod, but having it there, it will then overwrite itself when activating the mod, delaying that activation of the mod a good bit, and potentially complicating the issue if you de-activate the mod later. JSGME.exe like other apps, can be run from any location on the computer, but you do have to be careful as to which folder(s) you are using, since it uses ini files in both its "root" folder, and in each MODS folder. It has a Windows XP interface, hence its GUI "austerity"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote