View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 03:45 PM   #22
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

UPDATE #1

First of all many many thanks to all the ones that have immediately helped me! I remembered that this was an amazing community and you have confirmed my thoughts! Again, vielen danke Herren!!!

OK now I presume, thanks to the info received, that I have all the initial " pieces " needed to start the puzzle.
Pretty much my plan is this for the time following ( Always keeping in mind my overt serial laziness ):

- Learning to use well GR2 ( I do not expect big troubles here, hopefully )
- Starting importing some basic 3D models in the game to get confident with it ( Like for example the new anti-sub bombs/DC )

Once done:

- Importing the 3D models I have already prepared ( or rather the relevant modified Turms for the Type VIID, II A-B-D, Type 600, etc ) and all the needed 3D stuffs.
*Personal Note: As per SH3 I presume we can have any boat we want but we need to use the available standard slots so most problably some of the additional subs will be activated via mod compatible with JSGME
**Second Personal Note: If I have understood correctly how the SH5 file structure is set/structured I have probably already in mind how to easily implement the 3D model + the interiors.At least to have something usable for the initial tests

- Fixing all the basic stuffs that, in my opinion or due to my preferences [ or rather with a level of realism as much high as possible ] are not correct, missing or to be improved ( eg. aircraft loadouts, improved sensors, etc )

===================

Things already decided

For the moment I will keep all the modifications made as a JSGME ready mod due to the following motives:

- More easy to activated/deactivate them without touching the original TWOS mod ( Because first it's not my work and two it's not said that what I like will be something that the others will like too )

- Independently to how this project will end, if I'll have some working material I'll share it with the community so everyone, then, will be free to decide if using it or not, following his preferences, ideas,etc
At the worst I will end-up with a TWOS mod to be used by me during my offline missions.

- Not to say that whatever will exit from this thread ( or from my sociopatic/PC autistic mind ) will be always free for use ( Speaking of my material ) except in the case that some "genius" could have the smart idea to use it for some kind of commercial profit. I'm sure that this will never happen but mama teached me to always go out from the house with a hand on my butt...You'll never know what could happen outside!

=======

Intial Troubles

I have to find if there's a possible way to let the mission editor to work with TWSO mod. It completely destroys it ( at least here ) so for the moment, the only solution is to re-install everything ( ...thing that I would like to avoid because I've made a fresh install just some days ago ). Damned me when I have not made two separate installations of the game!
- SOLVED
*Cross Link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...4&postcount=25

Per Aspera Ad Inferi, Nema!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-29-21 at 12:12 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote