View Single Post
Old 02-12-18, 05:50 PM   #7870
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Well I was delivering a bit of a backlash against the notion that women are almost all far better drivers than men. Apparently supported statistically by Insurance industry figures, I can only say that some of these statisticians ought to have been in my back seat when I've been mercilessly tailgated, pulled out on, narrowly missed by a car travelling the wrong way round a roundabout or screaming out of the fog with no lights on.

I hung back at a T-junction with a busy 'A' road recently to allow a driver who got there before me (but who was going to turn in the other direction) an unobstructed view both ways. This also meant that I could see when the nearside traffic had a nice gap in it to allow me to go past him on my own way. The gap duly appeared and I nipped out onto the main road only to suddenly become aware of a woman driver who'd evidently been waiting for the gap too, but who'd positioned her car right around the corner and against the kerbside. As I came out at a quick clip I took her for an oddly parked vehicle (perhaps broken down) until she started to move. As I went past she started bouncing up and down in a fury, while I did my best to mouth the words "you stupid cow" in the short time left before I disappeared.