View Single Post
Old 11-20-19, 08:44 AM   #2
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

And the next hurdle is coming up.

I updated my Win7 system back then to Win 10, against my will of course, all know how MS works.
A lot of things plain do not work in Win 10, and i do not even mean the old stuff.
Now there is the 1803 to 1903 internal build, and it seems updating is neither automatic nor is it easy.

I still have the 1803 version at home, i have no idea how to update, or when.
Looking for those perpetrated updates that are impossible to stop (unless you buy the "Enterprise" version lmao) it tells me that the system is up to date, no action needed. Huh?

Below the text tells that the life cycle is running out, and that i have to update latest at november, 12th. 2019. You don't say. What?

So there is an old Win 10 and a new Win 10? Some say the step from 1803 to 1903 will take place automatically. Some others say you have to install the new "build" from scratch, meaning a fresh install destroying all your old configurations and stuff.

Back then you would have Win 11, now you still have Win 10 but internal build 2356crap27452764 and no one really knows how it works, if, or when. Obviously not even MS itself. It tries to fix bugs, and the "mandatory rollout that has to be done now" may happen in 2021. Or later. Or not at all. And "Cortana"? What about sending all my stuff home to MS ? Geh scheißen, MS !

I prefer Win7, or Linux. The second they have PC games for Linux i will gladly drop Win 10 or whateveritwillbecalled then.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-20-19 at 08:54 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote