View Single Post
Old 09-29-20, 04:22 PM   #9
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
yea tell me about it. Water based colour is a bad choice when painting on plastic models.

I always go through each tree to see if all parts is there AND if some of them has got any damage.

Only one time in my model building life, did I find a part who was damage. It was the hull on the HMS Queen Mary II 1:400 Scale. I send the producer a mail...10 days later I got a new fresh hull.

This HMS Hood model has photo etch parts which mean I need to get my hands on these tools.

When this model was released in 2016 it was without these photo etch sheet.
This mean somewhere between 2016 and 2020 they have decided to upgrade it to some kind of celebration(not the correct word I know) model
Now why didn't they go all the way and added metal barrel instead what's in the box-barrel made of plastic.
I'm thinking of ordering this
https://anticsonline.uk/Product/Trum...200_N107971969

Your metode of washing the parts in light soaped water sound interesting.

Markus
Thats cool!
Some of the models I have built have really thin parts that break easily if you try to cut them out with an exacto knife or whatever, sometimes they are super small and you drop them and cannot find them.
Yes, photo etch requires new tools that you would not use on plastic models.

When you wash the parts, you have to be EXTRA carefull not to knock out the smaller pieces, because some may be extremely important and they could go right down the drain.
You could put some kind of mesh on the drain or whatever to catch the smaller pieces.

I did yard work with my dad and my mom helping them build their garden and most of our yard is clay, and lifting a lot of it hurt a ton.

My neck was super sore on Monday and some of today.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote