View Single Post
Old 05-10-20, 11:21 AM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
You like to build models? I LOVE building models. Playing some swing music as I build a model helps motivate me.
For Christmas, I would want this:
https://www.megahobby.com/products/u...-35-takom.html
That's a nice models.

I'm not so much into land based models like tanks, cars and other military or civilian models

I have build some tanks and cars throughout my years of modelling though.

I'm more into sea and air.

Right now I have slowly started on my current models it's a F/A-18E Superhornet 1/32.

Well I have already done the weapons who came with the models. Put them together, painted these weapons, so now it's only the decal left and when they have been added to the wings I going to add "Remove before flight"-photo etch to them(*)

Have made some mistake when it comes to painting. Before i was mostly groggy due to the chemical I used cleaning my oil based colours like Humbrol/Revell
This time I decided to use water based colour from Vallejo-Which also was a mistake.let me give you an Example

the Harpoon/Harm shall be painted in white...I had to use Vallejo up to 8-9 times before it covered the models(not able to see the gray ground colour)

Now I have found a solution. I use oil based color as before, but this time I'm going to throw the paintbrush out after first use.
meaning I paint an area...throw the paintbrush out...let it dry some hours, take a new paintbrush...paint it a second and a last time...throw the second paintbrush out.

Yes a lot of paintbrushes will be used..but I do not get dizzy and I only need to paint the parts 1-2 times.

* Secondly I had planned on using photo etch on the models for the first time...but it seems totally impossible to find tools to this.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote