Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Skybird wrote

We are too many

Well are we too many, or are the resources distributed unevenly ?

Markus
We are too many, no matter how you distribute something.

And while Kapitan has made an argument on quantity levels, I would add to it an argument based on qality as well. A good share of what is being produced in farming, imo is not recommendable to be fed to humans at all. From the health thread last year that I fed with plenty postings you can see that i would object to a a food regime based on soy, much wheat, any glucose-fructose products, or using these for feeding animal lifestock. While some would say that is criticising on a high, luxurious niveau while in other places people starve or even die from not having food at all, I nevertheless remind of desease "pandemics" we have in the industrialized world that are caused or strongly related to people eating - additionally too much - bad "food". Obesity, auto-immune deseases, silent inflammations, cardio-vascular deseases all are related to eating calory-sufficient but nutrients-reduced and in principle poisonous food.

There is not enough fish to feed 8.6 bn people those ammounts of fish I would recommend to eat - and I talk of Japanese, Korean standards, if all humans would eat as much fish as these people do, which is recommended from health-related point of view, health-wise, the ocean would be empty by now. People would also get grass-fed meat frequently, in my recommended food regime: not necessarily daily, but several times per week, and not big quantities every time, but still: frequently. And producing meat means you need more acres of farming sopil, than if you feed agriclurela fruits themselves to people.

Several meat-alternative producers' stocks have done a dive in recent months, and over the past year or so. I welcome that, since feeding soy in huge quantities to humans or animals, simply is a lousy idea and makes them sick over the years. Can "feeding the world" really mean that we should feed the world into serious desease pandemics and shortend life expectations? And set them on pharmaceutical drug abuse to "cure" them afterwards?

Food, farming, garbage processing, pollution, energy, whatever you take, the conclusion is always the same: we are too many, thus we take too much, we cause too much waste, we cost the planet too much.

We are too many.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-24-22 at 01:13 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote