View Single Post
Old 10-25-20, 04:06 AM   #1857
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0
Default WYGM--LPP Leoz Personal Preferrences

Team,
This will be my first upload. If anyone can point me to the correct forum link on how to upload something I would be grateful. Then, I can upload this. Any tips on proper protocol is always appreciated.

Draft:

WYGM-LPP -Oct 2020
Wide your grandmothers-- Leoz Personal Preferences.

The purpose of this upload is to share graphics changes I did to WYGM/Vanjast which is a wide-screen GUI for the NYGM mod.

I have made changes to the attack scope and nightscope/observation scope tga files and their two matching mask files. No other changes have been made to WYGM.

Any other work belongs to the respective authors of WYGM (Vanjast/Big Walleye), Hitman GUI, Charts add on- Sublynx. All the use and publication limits for those author's packages apply.

Package contents. 4 tga files, this readme text file and a folder with various WYGM screenshots.

Background. These are only my personal preferences. I didn't like the graphics for the periscopes so I changed them.
-Got rid of the people in the background on the periscopes.
-Added a few charts from Hitman GUI and Charts add on by Sublynx.
-Changed the mask files so certain items were properly illuminated at night.

The Hitman style of type VII and type IX attack and observation/night scopes has always been part of my preferred method. Including the AOB chart which helps remind me what a 5, 10 and 15 degree AOB visually look like at distance so I can make accurate attack plotting on the map.

This kind of method is not for everyone.

Creating Mods and similar creative efforts for this game take many hours of work. I would like to thank those authors. One cannot thank them enough for producing wonderful content for this game.

Information:

WYGM/Vanjast for Widescreen for NYGM.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=213527

Charts add on- Sublynx
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=197685

Not part of this LPP but recommended for WYGM is this map package which is easier on my eyes.
---
Brown_grey_map, by IFRT-WHUFC
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=163133

Installation instructions.

Requirements:
This assumes you are an existing NYGM and WYGM user and are experienced with these environments.
-An existing WYGM download that you already have. You will be making a copy of it and modifying it with this package.
-Associated Hitman GUI as mentioned in the WYGM install instructions.
-This download package.

1. Always use anti-virus/anti-malware scans on downloads. I take no responsibility for you messing up your system.

2. Make a duplicate copy of your WYGM gui folder; rename it to something you like.

3. Note the following 4 files from the WYGMLPP download:
- VanWide1920_AttackScope.tga , VanWide1920_AttackScopeMask.tga , VanWide1920_ObsScope.tga , VanWide1920_ObsScopeMask.tga

4. They go into the following folder NameOfYourRenamedCopyOfWYGM\data\menu\gui Say OK or yes to any over-write request as they replace the original files.

5. Note other install instructions for WYGM. Put your new, renamed copy of your WYGM folder into your Mods folder; activate with JSGME and test.

6. This has only been tested in NYGM with the following mod list:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
WYGMlpp <---renamed copy of WYGM with the modified files mentioned-
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Amb_Sub_Interior_Redone
SpiritOfMachJMGME
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
Single Merchant Contact Mod
Brown_Grey_Map

----

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM

Last edited by Leoz; 10-25-20 at 08:40 AM.
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote