View Single Post
Old 08-27-21, 03:19 PM   #1
mlodewijk
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Quick Introduction

Hello, my name is Martijn, I'm from the Netherlands.

I have played some occasional sub sims from way back that I hardly (or not at all) remember the name of under DOS.

For some time I played a lot of Silent Service II, I have played Jane's 688 for a while too.

Years ago I had more time to spend I played Silent Hunter III, sometimes with little to no time compression, days and nights went by until I decided to call it quits at some point.

At some point life happened and work and I had little time to enjoy playing computer games.

Recently I decided to pick it up again on a limited (if I can help myself) basis, decided to buy SH3 on Steam as I can't find my original version from back in the day.

I'm now playing SH3 a little on my old laptop, still enjoying it except for the fatigue system and the graphics which by now are a bit outdated.

If I plan on occasionally playing it again and again I'd prefer to consider getting a good mod for it that would improve it graphically a bit and that hopefully adds a bit to the immersion of the overall game (without necessarily making it too hard, I'm all for realism, but with my limited time I can hardly bother to go through several thousands of pages of manuals etc.)

So I figured I'd take a look at this forum as the name rang a bell when I did some Googling.

I hope I enjoy browsing around here and reading some of your messages, perhaps get some insights into sub sims and mods for SH3.

Feel free to ask any questions, not 100% if I'm going to be answering every one of them.
mlodewijk is offline   Reply With Quote