View Single Post
Old 04-29-20, 03:00 PM   #33
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
I agree with all except 1. (kinda). What makes me think it's not exactly both sides is,
When I manually steer my active homing torpedo while it's already homing, it stops beeping eventhough it's still locked at the target (sensor lines on minimap are still red). However while hostile torpedo coming at me at active homing, it keeps beeping while manuevering towards me.

Also same thing goes when hostile sub deploys noisemaker for example, my torpedo stops beeping and manuevering around the noisemaker. I can still of course steer it towards hostile sub but it doesn't beep until it's clear from the noisemaker. When I deploy the noisemaker however, hostile torpedo still keep beeping.

I also removed the mod and gave the hostile vessel impossible to breakable wire. When I deploy my noisemaker, it made the hostile torpedo to stop homing at me and go around the noisemaker, when I launched MOSS, it made the torpedo to acquire the MOSS instead.

So I'm very sure this mode changing the behaviour and ability of hostile torpedo while it's connected with wire. It's not like hostile sub manually steering it, it definetly autonomously homing at me.

Though as a workaround of this (temporary solution), I installed a Railgun to my sub that internally mounted to sub's spine :P It has the SS-N-7 torpedo that swims at 2600 knots with 13 degrees sensor angle and turn/pitch rate. When a hostile sub becomes too nasty, I'm just pointing my sub's nose towards it and send her a hyper velocity dense shell. Leaves nothing but a rubble in a few seconds from the nasty sub
https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Amun-Ra-class

As for the dll, this mod changes the depth setting buttons from 50 feet to 10 feet and increase tube jamming on torpedo launch speed. It's of course good for setting a precise depth however it's being very hard when I want to change like 1000 feet depth. So I wanted to remove that option with dnspy and saved the module but game crashed at startup. As for tube jamming, I like to go really fast with my submarine (I know it ain't realistic but just for fun) and still being able to launch torpedoes with worrying about jamming my tubes
Right... Skwabie's mod changes torpedo behavior, and to be honest I do not know how much since I've not played it much. So, If changes are quite radical, than my advices might be useless. Haven't thought about such variant, my apologies.
If torpedo behaviour is unapropriate to you, my only suggestion would be to use another mod, since changes in Torpedo class could be vast and complicated. You can add features you like to another mod, at least some of them - that would be easier.

As for depth:
1. If I get it right PgUp/PgDn keys should change depth in 50ft increments.
2. You can go to HelmManager/InitialiseHelmManager and change "this.depthInterval = 10f;" to "this.depthInterval = 50f;" or whatever increment (in feet) you like.
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote