View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 04:18 PM   #1552
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
I never doubted it, but today bby you proved your worth. Classic and IMHO the best guitarist the world has ever known. Often copied, never bettered. Hats off ol' mate. Miss you Jimi

Fube
NAH! Everybody copied everybody in the sixties. My personal favorite: Eric Clapton holds his own-Hey I'm still playin' my original vinyl Wheels of Fire here on a real turntable!!-primarily because as true student of the American Blues he knew when to start re-learnin' and developing his enormous talent:
Quote:
Clapton understood this immediately... Hendrix was invited to play in on a Cream set... he jumped in on Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor". Clapton said of this: He played just about every style you could think of, and not in a flashy way. I mean he did a few of his tricks, like playing with his teeth and behind his back, but it wasn't in an upstaging sense at all, and that was it ... He walked off, and my life was never the same again.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"