View Single Post
Old 01-08-08, 10:43 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Valletta, Malta
10th of July, 1940

It's two weeks since I got out of the hospital, a week from when I got my wings back. It has been quiet, not a single raid in 8 days.
I dont mind, and I'm sure nobody else does either. I've seen Aniela everynight this week. Oh, didnt I tell you? We are now seeing eachother.
I went to say thanks for all her care when I was recovering and somehow we ended up to a small restaurant on the outskirts of Valletta.
We both have had plenty of time to eachother, with no new wounded, she doesnt have to be at the hospital all the time and with no raids, we pilots
are allowed to leave the base after our duties. Little did I know, that all this would change in few hours.

I was again with Aniela tonight, we went out to eat, walked through the harbor when the sky was lit up by the stars, the usual stuff.
The first signs of danger ahead came at approximately 11:30PM, a lone plane flew over the island at 2500-3000 meters. Only seconds after
the signal was given throughout the island for all pilots to return to base. I looked at Anelia, who understood the situation and nodded slightly.
One last kiss and I jumped to a passing army truck headed for the field.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote