View Single Post
Old 05-26-10, 07:17 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Replacing an existing Ka50 skin using JSGME

Right, this is the easiest way for adding own skins to the game. First of all, install JSGME to the Ka-50 root folder just as you would do it in Silent Hunter, remember to run it once to get the MODS folder.

Next, you have to decide which skin to replace, so go to ka-50/scripts/database/helicopters and open the ka50.lua with your favorite text editor. The skins are listed at the top of the file. Let's say you want to replace the New Year 2009 skin, what you need to do is remember the number in the end of the line, 23 in this case.

Now, with knowing which skin to replace, you must go to Ka-50/Bazar/World/Shapes and open the Ka50.skins file with your favorite text editor. Inside you'll see sections of code that leads to different .BMP files. In the beginning of each section, you see a value number 0, 0.1, 0.2 etc. Ok, you propably guess what to do next, yup; scroll down until you find value of 2.3 which is for the New Year 2009 skin.

Now, all you must do is rename your custom skin files to resemble these.

For example, one of my custom skin files is called:
KA-50-Dowly-PAINT1-DEF-01.bmp

I would rename it to:
KA-50-PAINT1-1NY.bmp

KA-50-Dowly-PAINT1-DEF-02.bmp

to

KA-50-PAINT1-2NY.bmp

and so on.

After renaming all your files copy your skin files to MODS/nameofyourskinmod/bazar/temptextures

If you've done everything correctly, you have now replaced the New Year 2009 skin with your own awesome skin.

Notes:

- If you are using the official template, you might be missing few files, I think paint 3 is one, but I think that's for some small parts. Using this method of installing skins, every skin file the game doesn't find from Temptextures, is loaded from the .cdds files.

- I haven't tried to replace the skin I mentioned, only the standard skin, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.

- Damn, that Jim Carrey movie was right, only now I realised I picked skin number 23.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote