View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 09:34 AM   #10
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoz View Post
Makman. Unfortunately no. I was little then. Just remember it was big; in good condition; and I remember the blue checkered bedding on the bunks.

Will go back and get plenty of photos.

They could make an amazing display there if they could ever dig up the proper sit-down attack scope; make duplicates of it and have about 8 of them on a floor where people could sit down and take a spin in it.

I have been on 3 museum U.S. fleet boats (Hawaii, Mobile, Baltimore) I seem to remember maybe they had a lathe on them....

Off topic: thanks for all of the wonderful mod work you have done. Extremely grateful.
hi Leoz,
oh yes....very good idea but they haven't done it allready? i mean looking through the scope is what everyone has in his mind to do first when visiting it...

Take as much photos as you can and share them, it always so time consuming searching for a specific part and realize that may noone ever take a pic of it

Thank you very much for your kind words, i really appreciate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Yeah, even the smaller ones (that one isn't the smallest by far) take a lot of power and the mess on the lathe isn't the problem; the debris/oil gets all over the floor, etc. too. let alone storage for the metal used for any job.

Never would have guessed; thanks for the post and thanks for your modding work !
hi John,
yes there are much smaller lathes (i know) but this one doesn't look to belong to the big ones. Anyway, i am not an expert so what i said was a guess and i read your informing post with interest This one that you said about the metal storage seems so logical and....heavy (i mean heavy with the real meaning of the word).
i have seen lathe working (in fact, once i was operating it under the owner's eye and directions) and i know the mess of oil and debris you are talking about
Thank you too for your kind words John

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote