View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 03:41 PM   #29
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Isn't that the point of forums? To let the people who are making the game know whether you are happy with their design decisions or not? Please correct me if I have misunderstood the entire point.

I won't be buying it, there won't be any way for me to play it. I can only hope that because this game gets made, maybe, if I beg, and plead, and cry, next time, I can get the game I wanted.

But knowing my universal luck, right before that game goes gold, I'll die.
Do you have any ability to conceive of how entitled you sound?

You have completely missed the point, but don't worry, I'll correct you.

This was ALWAYS designed, pitched and developed as a multiplayer real time session based game.

If you don't like that. Fine.

You do NOT however get to rant, whine and moan about it.

This is simply a case of a product that is not for you, of which I'm sure that are already a billion other products made around the world, that are not specifically designed for and will not suit you.

The fact that the devs have had their arms twisted to add AI BOTS, especially in preference to other much needed content, which will probably mean it will become a single player friendly game, means some people have moaned loudly enough... but that's not good enough for you is it? You don't want this game at all... you want a totally different game - one that has not ever been built or designed, or pitched. One that has to be made for you otherwise everything else that gets released is going to get an angry little tantrum about it, right?

You've said you create mods. Well great. Go make the game you want. Can't do that or won't? Ok, fine, use some of your money and pay some devs to do it for you.

You have options.

You only have to look at the depth this game has (see recent Nav plotting turns underwater video on YouTube) - far more than SH3,4 or 5 - to see it's potential. Hell, the Navigator alone has a huge amount to do and that's before the rest of the game is built!

You can run around this ship like an idiot trying to do all the roles yourself, but that's never been how a real sub operates nor is it that much fun. Sure, today alone I've had several online games with idiots, trolls and small men swinging their tiny d**ks around like they owned the place, but for all those, there are people who want to learn and excel at each station, who take their time and learn something more than some silly game demanding that you click here or press this key to crash dive.

Do you have any idea the coordination and wondrous thing of beauty it is when a team of 3 or 4 crash dive a sub properly under control? No, you don't, because you want to press C instead.

And that's fine.

You complain about 1/2 the planet being asleep when you're awake. You do realise one of the team behind this game lives in your time zone and there are weekly games IN YOUR TIMEZONE don't you? Or are you just whining without any facts?

But regardless, this game isn't for you and as such you should have zero opinion on it. In fact I'd go as far as to say that unless it directly impacts your life, then it's utterly irrelevant what you think, what you want. You're not the devs. It's not your vision. It's not a game for you.

Go look at Uboat. Or build your own.

There's nothing for you to see here, nor for you to comment on. I don't go on forums for Doom or Fortnite and whine that they aren't a true Mil Sim!

This year, we have 2 very different brand new sub games. And you're still unhappy? Meh.

Remember, opinions, especially pointless, useless ones are like rectums. Everyone's got one, and usually only rubbish comes out of it.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote