View Single Post
Old 08-13-17, 03:03 PM   #2
PacificWolf
Ensign

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFear View Post
I have some question, if anyone knows the answers to these maybe we can share our knowledge...

1. Is there any number on how Ultra Silent mode effects submarines sound levels? Like percentage or -X db?

2. Does submarine displacement has an impact on detection? I have a feeling it does, because no matter what UK's Astute feels like stealth bomber, and I can not hide with my Typhoon class no matter what, every time I start a mission it seems like there is 5 torpedoes in the water trying to kill me.

3. How does aircraft drop torpedoes on you? Sometimes they drop on top of you, but ships that have surface launched rockets that carry torpedoes do nothing in the mean while... Does that mean that each enemy detect by individually or they save the their ammo in case first one does not finish you?

4. Does MOSS show up on enemy radar as submarine or as something else? Do any of the submarines on enemy side launch MOSS'es? If so, how they appear on your radar?
1. There is a numer responsible for "ultra silent" bonus in each sub.
2. Definitely yes and profile does matter, if you are head on to sonar ping echo returning will be smaller.
3. Aircrafts use sonar buoys by them they calculate youre position, and vessels that are equipped with rocket torps they will launch them only if they now youre location (if you fire tlam or tasm and they can see that).
4. Have no idea.

"All ships can dive, only submarines can surface"

Last edited by PacificWolf; 08-13-17 at 03:18 PM.
PacificWolf is offline   Reply With Quote