View Single Post
Old 03-30-24, 09:51 AM   #343
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The pool of available VR games has grown by a new release I waited for and which I would call a truly enriching highlight so far. Medieval Dynasty: A New Settlement is out since yesterday.

Visually it is solid, but not spectacular. Gameplay-wise, it really gets me hooked. It is essentially a survival- sandbox and construction game. No battles between armies, no slaying of dragon, noi fight and conquest is to be done, but just surviving from day to day by doing the rotuines of daily work: famring food, hunting, chopping wood, exploring the world for places and ressources, building a house or a vollage, running it my basic management. This is done in a quite intuitive handling of things, natural grab-and-do mechanisms, and simplification of real world actions. It feels consistent, streamlined, well cosnidered and implemented.

I like that this is a laid-back experience in that you do not get constanlty fight battles against invading armies. Your fight for survival is more "subtle": dont care for having food to eat and water to drink and shelter to protect you from cold seasons and heavy weather, and you die. Simple.

I came across a few more minor bugs, nothing serious or show-stopping. I see great potential in this game. Absolutely recommended!

A revelation was the moving around in caves, the interaction of darkness and shadow with the light of the torch I held. For some reaosn I liked this detail very much.