Old 03-07-21, 02:34 PM   #24
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
And might I say, F. U.

One of the reasons I stuck around on the Bremerton as long as I did was knowing she was due to make a run down to "OZPAC". As it turned out, she made the run six months after I got out.

That continent owed me. I got roped into being the tour guide for the HMAS Ottoway when I was on the Barbel (and I didn't even wind up in the brig) and a couple of years later, son of a ##### if the COB on the Bremerton doesn't ask me if I know about the Ottoway and that she's due in port again.

"Do you remember those guys?". "No, but my liver does.."
Brisbane was a blur. Four-five days of debauchery. I had duty on the first day. Next morning, I'm on watch, while waiting for duty section turnover and relief to happen and topside announces "Fire in the shore diesel!!!"

During turnover, my relief says "we came over the little hill at the entrance of the pier in the duty van and turned towards the boat and saw the black smoke coming from the shore diesel and I thought, that's odd ��. Then I saw the 5 foot column of flame erupt from the exhaust stack and realized today was gonna suck.'"

Needless to say, right after duty section turnover I made myself scarce...

Turned out the air filter in the shore diesel got soaked with fuel or lube oil and caught fire.

Australia was great but it went by way too fast.

One of the FT2s who was a frocked 2nd decided to stay in Australia... He finally met us at the pier when we pulled in at the end of the deployment. He became FTSN within 48 hrs, half a month for 2 months, 90 days restriction, 90 days EMI.

Now compare that to a dependents cruise to the Big Island when one of the sonar techs missed movement, called ahead, and was on the pier to handle lines. At XOI, he indicated that he had met these two girls who *really* wanted to experience him together... Needless to say, the XO let that one slide.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote