View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 06:40 PM   #39
Orffen
Mate

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Clock going progressively off might be related to high FPS but also to long high TC in my opinion...
My understanding of the SH4 thread on this is that high TC is good (within reason), because the game abstracts the time calculations in some way instead of them being so framerate-linked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
When playing at 1x to 1024x time compression, the game is REMARKABLY accurate when rendering sunset and sunrise! (Compared to Almanac times.) A bit less accurate when rendering moonset and moonrise. However, when playing ONLY at 1x, a cumulative error occurs which offsets the synchronization of the celestial sphere so that the sunrise, sunset, moonset, moonrise times are out of sync with the Base Time clock, even when not traveling outside (east-west) of the Base Time zone.
I think common practice with SH3 though is only 256x TC - which may be low enough that it doesn't kick the engine into the more abstracted clock.

In any case, be aware than in SH4 this is only a graphical effect - the AI uses the "true" base time in determining how easy it is to detect you - so high noon at midnight for you is still just a dark midnight for the AI logic.

But as Front Runner said all that time ago, the important takeaways are:
  1. Limit your framerate to no higher than 60 FPS
  2. Play Silent Hunter
  3. Be more aggressive!