View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 03:58 PM   #32
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronster View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be 30 but the sunrise and sunset will be the most accurate if it is locked at 30. Locking at 40 or 60 fps will improve the accuracy a lot. It will probably still not be perfectly correct but it shouldn't deviate as quickly as it does now with your computer pumping out the massive frames it is now.

Lord knows why the developers made a system like this where the day/night cycle is tied to framerates but it is what it is. I think 30 fps was sort of a standard for gaming at the time. They probably weren't anticipating us playing this 15 years later with the hardware we have today.

So about the high framerates shown in bandicam on your second post. So yes, even with a 60 hz monitor your computer will pump out as many frames as it can if you don't restrict it. So it's pumping out 300 fps and beyond but your monitor can on display 60 fps. So basically it doesn't matter if it's 5000 or 60 fps, you will only see the 60 that your monitor can display. By limiting your frames you actual ease the workload of your hardware by not making it it work as hard as possible to give you unnecessary frames.

I do feel your pain. I have a 144hz monitor and I didn't want to limit it clear down to 30. When you are used to the higher framerates it sucks having to give up that nice crisp experience but honestly it's not that bad. I feel like I don't really notice it after playing for a bit. I figure it's worth it to make the time cycles work correctly. Keep in mind that even though it may look like it's nighttime in the game if the time cycles are way off it could actually be broad daylight and the games AI may be able to see you way easier because to "them" it's daytime.

I hope this was helpful. Also remember all my info from this is coming things I've read about SH4. It seems like exactly the same problem people were having with that game so I'm pretty confident it will help you but I guess i can't guarantee it.
That is amazing! Thanks a bunch! I will keep it at 60 fps for now and see how it will respond during this patrol and the next one.

Sunrise and Sunset are already off (late) by about 4 hours during this patrol but it seems that since I made the change to 60 fps, it hasn't moved any further ...

If needed, I will work my way down by 10er steps to 30.

I'm not sure, I have noticed a different AI behaviour from how they usually do during day and night time but will keep an eye on that - thanks!

Happy Hunting and Thanks, again!!!