Old 09-16-19, 04:53 AM   #8
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ VonDos
Out of curiosity: why do you call your unit "generic"? As far as I can judge from a quick visual comparison with pictures of the real Wilhelm Gustloff, if not 100% accurate, your and AOTD_MadMax's model resembles the German hospital ship quite closely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Let me answer.
How do you imagine this ship in the neutral part and the opposite side of the AXIS?

Well, if you assign a unit to "Red Cross" roster, this ship will be spawned in all hospital ship's route. Red Cross units will not serve as a Allied or Axis unit, so this can create a paradox like a soviet Wilhelm Gustloff, or a british one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
...and since you reward this unit as a 'generic modern ocean liner', why didn't you provide it with a generic war-grey texture together with the hospital ship texture?
Are you serious?
Do you know how much time will this require to me, for create a realistic troop transport\floating barrack unit with a semi historically accurate A\A with supports, a gray skin, to add rafts and extra lifeboats...

(Image taken from web, just a reference)

Just kidding. Not more than one hour using modular parts taken from previous units

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote