View Single Post
Old 11-30-21, 05:32 PM   #333
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

7 August 1942
So uneventful I'm just going to do this in one paragraph.
-We lost 3 fighters at Palembang with nothing to show for it
-In Chengchow, we traded 2 P-40s and 3 P-43s for an Oscar, a Zero, and 5 light bombers.
-We lost 2 P-40s trying to defend our army at Tavoy, we also lost a Blenheim bombing Tavoy. We're both trying to disrupt each other's armies enough to tip the balance in the coming ground battle.
-Our armies attacked Tavoy, bringing its forts down to 0. So far, so good.
-Our B-17s from Milne went to Guadalcanal to bomb a tanker instead of the northern atoll, which was bad because the enemy had plenty of fighters there. One B-17 was shot down, we missed the tanker.
-We expanded the airfield at Palembang, which means the squadrons there are now eligible to transition to other aircraft types. The degraded New Zealand squadron received a batch of new P-40s to replace the Hurricanes they ran out of. I am disbanding the Australian P-40 squadron here because it's past due for withdrawal and costing me political points to keep active.

DD Bancroft taken out of commission to begin refit at Sydney
DD Hammann taken out of commission to begin refit at Sydney
AD Dixie beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
SS Grouper taken out of commission to begin refit at Pearl Harbor
AM Conflict arrives at Portland
SS Amberjack arrives at Eastern USA
VF-8 arrives at San Francisco (immediately took a bunch of F4F-3s that I needed as replacements for carrier losses--jerks)
VMSB-242 arrives at Santa Barbara (2 Vindicators--training squadron)

-----------
8 August 1942
Slow again and I need to catch up...

-We did great at Palembang today, 4 Zeroes and 4 Sallies downed with just one Hurricane lost. And that's without the NZ squadron. Bombers took out 3 fighters on the ground, though.
-Also a good day over Chengchow: 9 Sonias down with just 1 P-40 lost.
-We got one Zero over Tavoy--the bombers are getting through for both sides.
-The S-47 was badly damaged in a depth charge attack at Johnston, and like the Pollack a few days ago, decided to stay on station. I manually ordered it back--fortunately, it did not get attacked a second time before I was able to give that order. The Pollack is still afloat by the way, but I'm still not expecting it to make it to Pearl.
-A Kingfisher bomber a sub off Pearl again. I'm surprised they haven't gotten the hint yet.

CL Trenton beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
DD Duncan beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
DD Lansdowne beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
SC-703 arrives at Eastern USA
SC-706 arrives at Balboa
AM Igonish arrives at Vancouver