View Single Post
Old 02-18-23, 07:26 PM   #156
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I thought so a year ago and more, when a new GFX board costed 3000+ Euros. But then I find the whole concept of "crypto-mining" absurd. One coul,d as well write numbers on paper and call that "buying power". Absurd, signs for a crazy world that has gone completely nuts. It makes as much sense to me as homeopathy or something like that. And crypto-mining is where the shortages and costs for GTX boards came from.

A gaming-optimised PC however costs more than an office machine, that was always so.

If its not worth it for you, then dont do it.

Just keepo in mind that if you do not need optimsied high end VR perofmance but just want to do more less demandign stuf fin VR, then you do not need the latest of the latest hardware. Google Earth V R, beyond its spectacular looks, for example needs just a fraction of my ressources compared to VR used in ACC.

And then there are those VR headsets that do not need a PC -based high-end-hardware pool at all. They have their processing power inside the headset. Their usability still just is not as sophisticated, some demanding apps might not get converted for these.

Altenative: a PS5 plus a VR set 2.0, it is said to be extremely good, maybe the bets ion the consume rmarket currently. You are locked in into the PS universe, however, thats what for me would speak against it.

I have watched severla movies on the virtual superbig movie screen now. That alone is already worth it for me. And Google Earth VR. And the many 360° youtube videos done by tourists and inhabitants in foreign cities and places. It can be overwhelming.