View Single Post
Old 11-05-13, 08:47 AM   #1
SinStar87
Watch

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default The Career Patrols of SinStar87

Month of August 1939:
Given command of a Class VII sub in the 2nd Flotilla. I receive orders for patrol in grid BF17.
We reached the target grid, beginning patrol. Thus far command has been boring, we've no official enemies as of yet leaving the crew chomping for some action.
Goal + 2 days watch has reported nothing for the past 3 days, boredom has overtaken me. The rumor mill says Britain will declare war on us anytime now, I figure I'll take in the sights while I can and order waypoints around Britain.
End of Patrol.

September 1939:
Renewed orders for patrol in grid BF17. We finally have war, Britain and France are our current targets of interest. I issue headings for the Channel.
The sun sets as we close on the Dover Straits. The darkness is our ally so I stay on the surface, keeping watch for any signs of the enemy. Reports come in regularly but they are simply ghosts. I can feel the crew's tensity weighing in the air. The boat dives and heads north to the English coast.
Arriving outside Dover port the periscope rises, a warship Southampton Class, time for first blood. I call out bearing, she sits in port, easy prey.
Torpedo 1 and 2 away, the clock ticks away, seconds pass. An explosion, torpedo impacts. The ship floods, crackles, then sinks below the water. Sonar calls out inbound warships. I issue orders for silent running, south.
Goal reached, return to the Channel.
Watch calls out, ship spotted, Merchant. I scan the waters, 2 coastal Freighters. Crew to the gun, round after round flies at the ship. Then the call comes, She's going down. Shortly thereafter the call goes out again.
Hours later, sonar reports, merchant. Periscope up, it's a Modern Tanker. I enter solution and open torpedo tube 1, adjust solution and fire 1. Tick tick tick as the clock winds down. Sonar reports impact. I scan the area, all clear, overcast sky. I order the boat surfaced and follow the tanker at long range, water pours into her hull. Then the call goes out, She's going down. Dive orders go out, the crew heads below. We make our way home.
End of Patrol, 5 Merchants 1 Warship 32k tons.
SinStar87 is offline   Reply With Quote