View Single Post
Old 04-25-15, 10:52 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Icon12 Subsim War on Spam II

Radio Room Red Alert Team (RRRATs)
Special Ops members who monitor the site for spam, forbidden content, and server outages and alert the sysadmin 24/7, 365.25 days a year.

Just a quick update to inform you that over the last three years, we have been pretty good about killing spam here with the diligent help of ucrank, Sailor Steve, and Jimbuna, and many sharp eyed members such as cdrsubron7, Skybird, TLAM Strike, joea, Oberon, Lucky Starr, Hitman, Nippelspanner, seaniam81, raymond6751, Chad, Pisces, Mud, CCIP, guntherprien, Rhodes, Sniper297, HunterICX, ReallyDedPoet, d@rk51d3, darius359au, Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg, Trevally., u1950, Tango589, Schroeder, Vendor, in_vino_vomitus, kraznyi_oktjabr, gi_dan2987, gap, BossMark, volodya61, BigWalleye, BL!TZKR!EG, Admiral Halsey, Aktungbby, depthtok33l, Sinkmore, ikalugin, Pigmachine, Pigboatcook, thegrindre, and Relmu.

I try to make sure each spam hunter gets recognition with the badge,

but if you report a spammer and I do not award it to you, don't be shy, PM me.

Was discussing spam busting tactics with some other forum admins, and one told me a funny story I thought I would share with you.

Quote:
Something that did amuse me no end recently, I installed SMF on one of my domains to test something out. I forgot to delete the installation and didn't revisit it for around three months. When I returned it had a thriving community of bots mostly extolling the virtues of a Canadian pharmaceutical company. The number of users, threads and posts were in the thousands. There was more activity there than on some of my forums.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-26-22 at 10:33 AM. Reason: updated for 2022
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote